The Chiswick Flower Market will be staged again at the Old Market Place, Chiswick High Road (outside the police station) from 09.30am – 3.00pm on Sunday 1st November, again presenting
a mix of stalls selling plants, cut flowers (more are promised this time), bulbs, house plants and horticultural accessories.
Having cancelled October’s market, to ponder improvements, the organisers consulted with Hounslow Council’s Director of Public Health and scrutinised the government’s Covid regulations resulting in additional steps to make the market as safe as possible:
• new entrance on Linden Gardens
• new layout with stalls spread out further apart
• new rota for marshals and more of them, dispersing any clustering
• compulsory hand sanitiser and mask wearing (unless medically exempt)
• increased trader staff numbers to process customers faster and avoid queuing
• reduced number of people in the market at any one time
They are introducing a ‘Tender Perennials’ hour from 08.30-09.30am for older (70+) and more vulnerable shoppers to come (with a friend if necessary) to get first choice in a quieter market with limited numbers and greater spacing. Entry will be by ticket so please sign up for a reserved place at
The Flower Market lists 4 ways to help them help you:
1. Please come to Chiswick High Road on Sunday Nov 01 (with a face mask please), visit the market, local shops and cafes. You’ll be giving a huge boost to our community.
2. We need more marshals! We had over 50 volunteers last time from our local community and the feedback was that they greatly enjoyed the experience and being part of a special event. We’d love your help next weekend so if you can spare a few hours, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Chiswick Flower Market Marshal
3. We are phasing out plastic bags as part of our pledge to eliminate single use plastic. You will be able to buy the latest must–have Chiswick accessory, a big jute bag with the flower market logo on it for only £5. All profits go back to the market (which reinvests in the local community).
4. Do make use of our plant crèche. Buy your plants and leave them with us while you go off and do the rest of your shopping – and our cargo bike delivery service, free delivery home for your market purchases within Chiswick.